In these uncertain times, we wanted to reach out to all of you about what we are doing here at PizzaSi UK, as the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve.
First and foremost, we would like to inform you that PizzaSi UK confirms its full operation while thoroughly complying with the hygiene guidelines.
At the moment, we can confirm that we expect no disruption in our supply chain, business as usual.
In compliance with the provisions previously implemented in Italy since 24/02/2020 and later supplements, considering the evolution of the epidemiological COVID-19 situation and the increase in cases on the Italian national territory, to avoid the risks of contamination, our Italian manufacturing sites, have implemented a system of preventive measures (enhancement of those already in use).
The following measures have been adopted:
- All employees have been informed that if they experience flu symptoms such as fever, cough and/or cold, they will necessarily have to stay at home and notify the company; the requirement for frequent hand washing and sanitization with alcoholic solutions has been strengthened, and all operators have been invited to frequently change disposable gloves.
- Hand sanitizing gel is available for employees at the points of access to the office and warehouse. Access to company premises by external people (such as couriers, visitors, agents, etc.) has been reduced as much as possible.
- All production (and not) areas and all surfaces and equipment are thoroughly sanitized daily, as we used to do before, according to the requirements of the HACCP protocol and the BRC and IFS certification standards.
- Sales and Admin Staff has been encouraged to keep interactions with customer/supplier via phone or email where possible.
These measures, where relevant, have also been adopted by PizzaSi UK in our UK office
In addition to the above-mentioned measures, to guarantee continuity in meeting our customers’ requests and being ready for any eventuality, we have also adopted the following solutions:
- Smart-working procedure has been activated so that office employees are ready to work at home, in order to always be operational even if a case of contagion occurs in the company.
- Our UK warehouse partners, for storage and fulfilment, have implemented an action plan to avoid any risks and will be fully operational
- Our international logistic and freight forwarding partners for the handling of goods and shipments from Italy have also implemented an action plan and are fully functional.
To date, March 13, 2020, none of the employees have shown symptoms of COVID-19, and there is no contamination in the company: everything is regularly working.
The situation is continuously evolving, and therefore the implemented measures will be gradually modified and adapted to the needs.
As it always has been, ensuring you receive the best quality of service and the best quality of our products to our customers is our main priority.
Despite this particularly difficult time, we will continue to work hard to maintain and guarantee this.
Regular updates will be sent, however, if you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our team